As a business owner, there’s nothing worse than the monthly revenue roller coaster. Facebook ads are one of the fastest and most cost-effective ways to grow your business and create a consistent flow of leads and sales into your business. And, hiring a Facebook ads coach can be the fast-track you’ve been looking for to get it done faster.
If you’ve ever tried to do it yourself, you may believe that Facebook ads just don’t work. They cost too much money. They are confusing to set up, measure and track your results. The analytics are overwhelming. The rules are always changing.
What you may not realize is that it doesn’t have to be all or nothing: either hire out your Facebook ads management or go-it-alone as a student of YouTube University trying to guess which tactics work and which are crap. Facebook ads coaches serve as the middle-ground between two extremes! Social media coaches and consultants can be a huge asset to DIY marketers who want to take control of their own marketing… but need a little help and assurance that they are not wasting a boatload of their hard-earned money.
The benefits of hiring a Facebook ads coach
Struggling with Facebook ads setup, technical issues, getting results and scaling can take up ALL of your time and energy. Hiring an ads coach can help you eliminate your frustrations so you can get back to your core business. Most of the clients I work with need help with one of two areas:
- Getting their first Facebook ad campaign off the ground.
- Optimizing and scaling their existing Facebook ad campaign.
Get your Facebook ads campaign off the ground
Here are some signs you may need a Facebook ads coach to help you get your campaign off the ground.
- You tried to figure out Facebook ads on your own but just need someone to explain it to you in plain English.
- You’re struggling to get started or properly set up your first Facebook ads campaign.
- Looking for help with testing copy/creative and reporting the results.
Optimize your existing Facebook ads campaign
Here are some signs you may need Facebook ads coaching to improve your existing ad campaign:
- You’re having technical issues with a particular aspect of Facebook ads and need help working through it.
- Need someone to review what you are doing, bounce ideas off of and make sure you are on the right track.
- Looking for a hand getting a full ads campaign and sales funnel on the right track.
- Would like to optimize your Facebook ads so you can lower your cost per lead, increase conversions or scale your ads to reach more people.
Is coaching right for you?
Facebook has over 1.5 billion active users per day. Unlike traditional forms of advertising (mailers, radio, newspaper, etc.) Facebook gives you the ability to put an offer in front of your exact target customers. It also gives you the ability to quickly iterate and test ideas to come up with a winning sales funnel. The level of control and top-notch tracking capabilities make Facebook ads a great option for nearly every type of business.
Facebook also changes the rules very rapidly. Keeping up with the new and ever-changing trends, policies and restrictions is difficult. Improperly setting up your ads or not exactly knowing what you’re doing may leave a lot of money on the table. Your cost-per-click (CPC) and return on ad spend (ROAS) might be higher. You may not be reaching your ideal target audience. A “leaky” funnel could be costing you more than you think. Perhaps a new set of eyes is all you need to help you see what’s wrong? Sometimes, when we are so close to the problem it makes it hard to discover. The outside perspective of a Facebook ads coach could really help you.
Or, I could just be blowing smoke 🙂
Either way, if you haven’t tried business coaching before, I’d recommend hopping on a free 30 minute strategy session with me to see if it’s a good fit. You’ll never know until you try it and this a really easy way to give it a shot.
Types of Facebook Ads Coaching
I personally offer three main types of Facebook ads coaching to my clients. These range from a low price to a very high price and from a one hour commitment to a 6 month commitment. So, there’s a lot of variance here.
These are just a few options that I personally offer — I’m sure there’s a coach for pretty much any problem you can think of. But, I’m going to cover what I know and give you the pros and cons of each option, as I see it.
Option 1: Individual strategy calls
Stuck and looking for help? Get support when you need it most with as-needed strategy calls. I charge for Facebook coaching by the hour. My clients can purchase a block of time (ex: 6 hours) at a 10% discounted rate.
The pros of individual strategy calls
- You’ll leave each coaching call with actionable steps to solve your problems and move forward with your Facebook ad campaign.
- You can schedule as many calls as you’d like at this rate.
- Get help when you need it most.
The cons of individual strategy calls
- It’s more difficult for a Facebook ads coach to help you if they don’t quite understand where you are and exactly what problem you’re facing.
- You’ll be paying money to explain your problem in depth before the coach can even help you.
- You’ll troubleshoot a problem but this type of Facebook ads coaching won’t allow the coach to see the big picture or push you to see opportunities you may be missing.
Option 2: Support my campaign
The “support my campaign” package is a great option for a lot of situations, such as:
- You need support running your first Facebook ads campaign.
- You’d like to understand Facebook ads before you outsource.
- You’re looking for guidance in implementing a new ads strategy.
In this package, I break up the coaching into two separate areas. We spend part of the time on any issues my client is facing (similar to the individual strategy calls option). The rest of the time, I challenge my client to consider alternatives, find hidden opportunities and proactively plan for the future. This package is a highly focused, tailored coaching relationship intended to achieve my client’s campaign goals now and into the future.
The pros of support my campaign coaching
- Get your burning questions answered.
- A coach can push you outside your comfort zone.
- Your coach will be much more familiar with your ads campaign and the relationship will grow over time
- You will receive information and advice on topic areas that you may not even think to cover in an individual strategy call.
The cons of support my campaign coaching
- It’s a bit more expensive than just paying for individual strategy sessions.
- There’s a longer time commitment involved in this type of coaching.
- The pace you’d like to go may not be matching up with the pace of your coaching.
- You may realize that you like to figure things out on your own and a Facebook ads coach may have a different learning/teaching style than you. In this case, coaching may not be a right fit.
Option 3: Master Facebook ads
This is a option I offer to clients who want to learn absolutely everything about Facebook ads. This package is for serious marketers who want a one-on-one personal training that will give them all of the information needed to succeed as a Facebook ads specialist. It’s a great option if
- You’re the sole marketer of your organization.
- You want to offer Facebook ads services for your own clients.
In this package, the calls interactive training sessions where we discuss different topics and as the student, you can ask questions and get clarification in real-time. Think of it as having your own personal Facebook ads tutor.
The pros of master Facebook ads coaching
- You will get exposure to all different areas of Facebook ads.
- You’ll have your own personal teacher to walk you through every area of Facebook ads.
- You can ask a lot of questions and spend more time on topics that are confusing to you.
The cons of master Facebook ads coaching
- This option is very expensive, for obvious reasons.
- There is a longer time-commitment for this option.
- There is more structure to the way the information is presented compared with other options.
- You can probably get this information in an online course format, but you would not have the personal one-on-one attention.
- This will build your skills and understanding of systems and process rather than working on a campaign in real-time.
Should you hire a Facebook ads coach?
Well that question is ultimately up to you. There are many benefits of having a personal coach. There are also many different coaching packages that may be offered. The key is to find the right coach and the right package that will fit your needs, schedule and style of work.
Want to work with me?
I specialize in Facebook ads management and coaching. I’ve also created a course about how to properly set up the Facebook pixel, called “The Facebook Pixel Demystified” which has helped over 80 students learn more about optimizing their Facebook ad campaigns using website re-targeting. I love to teaching and being able to help others to achieve their big goals.
If you’d like to work with me, you can schedule a free 30-min strategy session via Zoom (video call) - no strings attached. During the call, we’ll explore if coaching is a good fit for you. I love getting to know people and it’s a very casual meeting that I think we’ll both enjoy. I look forward to meeting you soon.